Remember when I use to sew and be crafty? Or even play dress up and wear pretty pretty things.... *sigh* yea.... me neither.
I had my third test of the semester today, and I got a C. Pretty sure my chances of getting an A this semester are now gone. My lunch may or may not have consisted of just chocolate. They've told us from the begining that if you are use to getting A's be prepared for B's. And this was supposively the hardest test for the semester. And the hubby keeps getting on me for being so hard on myself. He keeps reminding me that a C nurse is still a nurse. But... I still want to crawl up somewhere and just cry. I'm tired. I haven't gotten to play in sooooooo long... Have I mentioned I'm tired. Like really really tired. *sigh* Despite all the bitching and moaning, I count my blessings daily. GUYS I'm in Nursing school. I'm doing it.
But I still feel like crying right now, and that I want a nap.
Okay, enough bitching. I haven't posted since August, besides studying like crazy, working and school a few other things have snuck in. I think bullet points woudl be the best option at this point :)
- My brother and his wife had a baby. She had a little boy already, so I've been an Auntie for a little while. But this is the first one born into our family. For me it isn't a huge thing. Like I said, Brother's wife came with a kid and I don't see blood as making you more family than non blood. But my mom (step mom, for some this helps clarify things) it is. She went off the freakin deep end. It brought up some things. She's never treated me the same as my brothers, which this is bringing back out. And my other brother is dating a gal that has 4 kids that are suddenly chop liver next to the new baby. Its stupid. I'm avoiding my mom. It's easier that way. But I do like a new baby. New baby means baby sewing!!!!
-The only things I've sewn have been two outfits for the baby, alterations to a guild members Halloween costume and heming my uniforms. The baby outfits are from a vintage pattern and I used vintage lace. I think they are sweet.
- We have a new addition to our family. Her name is Baka, Shinobi of the Sand. She loves the dog. Seriously, the dog is her favorite thing in the world. Her favorite human is my husband. Who could care less. Cats are not his thing. She sleeps with him, she jumps into his lap and curls up in the crook of his arm. I'm not sure if its the cutest thing in the world or if I am jealous. She only seems to like me when its o'dark thrity in the morning and I am getting ready in the bathroom. Then she finds me, after she watches the toilet flush, Probably her second favorite thing in the world, the toilet. She's an odd one. Its been kind of stressful transitioning with her and Little Man. Little Man has been really good about it all but he is showing his grumpy old man self. And he does have a touch of jealousy in him. Doesn't like to share my lap if she's there too.
- No real dress up events. I did go to a evening with St. George. The Noble Renaissance guild out here. I wore my black kirtle and silk waistcoat. Its to fancy to wear with St. Ives. But did not come close to the fancy that was St. George. It was a very enjoyable evening despite being late because of traffic.
We were suppose to go to Comikaze but decided to cancel so I could study. :(
- I voted for the first time. I know, I am bad... I'm one of those who doesn't normally. I'll admit. I don't see the point. The powers on high once things trickle down have very little impact on my day to day life. There are a few things I will fight tooth and nail for, but besides those few things I am very 'whatever' about life. I have my opinion, you can have yours and we are good to go. In fact I encourage opposing educated debate. By all means broaden my outlook. But politics irritate me. People get nasty. People I respect, I suddenly don't. I have been left several several times with my only thought being " HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID!!!!!!" I don't want to mess with it. I go back to when push comes to shove, very little in politics actually impacts my day to day life. Besides, I'm an uneducated (about the props and people and their stances) voter. Isn't that almost worse than me not voting. I'll admit it is probably naive and you can probably show me the flaws in my thinking... but really, lets not, because politics... blah. But I voted. Because it suddenly became, HOLY SHIT, this might actually become a reality, and that's scary.
- I've been trying to still do creative things. I get super depressed if I don't. I must admit though with how tired I am it almost seems like a chore, and saps the creativity. I'm damned if I do, I'm damned if I don't. My outlet has been photography. Mostly because I'm moding a photography challenge instagram
/facebook site. If you like photography and want something to challenge you, please join! This is a few of the things (edited, I haven't edited all of them yet), I did for the October challenge.
I seem to be posting more on instagram if you want to see a little bit more of my life. https://www.instagram.com/chocoboninjacosplays/
and my photography one
I have also been doing more artistic ones. These were done as a tribute for verterns with PTSD. My friend took them because she was inspired after hearing about some of my struggles with PTSD. The last one is from an app. It paints your pictures in different styles. I seriously wish I knew how to paint. I'm in love with that pic. I'd like to hang it up on my wall. Maybe I'll commision someone else to do it. You know... when I have money again. :)
I am sure there is more... but I really need to get working on a research paper. I miss you guys! I am so behind on your posts. But I try and read. I try and comment too. But I am behind. And I miss you all. It makes me sad because checking LJ and seeing what you guys are up to makes me happy.